Thursday, April 26, 2012

First Time Mommy!


Ok, getting back to this whole blogging thing.  It may be a little difficult, since my child is IN LOVE with me.  He desperately wants to be with me every waking moment, so it isn't easy getting a minute to blog.  I WILL try though.  I'm not complaining about my child (DO NOT TAKE IT LIKE THAT).  I adore Stanley...everyone knows this.  He is my whole world...he comes first, second, and third.  SO...with that said... My first blog can be about Mommy stuff! 

On being a first time Mommy:  Hmm.....where do I begin!?!?  Everyone said it was going to be so hard.  Everyone said it would be challenging.  Everyone said it was going to be the best thing ever.  Blah, blah, blah.  Can we say....Fucking, DUH?!  It was just like leaving high school for college.  Some of the kids in the class that graduated before me came back when I was a senior in high school and said, "Omigosh, it is sooo much harder than you think.  You won't be prepared like you think.  The first month is a real eye opener."  BLAH BLAH BLAH!  (Looking back now...those kids must have been real idiots). When I stepped onto I.U.'s campus, I can honestly say...I WAS PREPARED.  I had zero delusions that it was all fun and games.  I was excited to work, learn, and go to class.  I draw the same parallel with being a mom.  I was excited to change diapers, get up in the middle of the night because my sweet angel needed me, and enjoy all the love he had to offer.  I knew very well my child would spit up in my hair...I'd get pee on me at some point... he'd scream in my ear... and so on and so forth.  It is what I signed up for. 

I ALSO knew I'd get the joy of my life. Every time Stanley flashes those dimples, I honestly don't care how many shirts I have to change because he spits up on me, and it doesn't matter how many sleepless nights I have.  His joy is all that matters.  When I pick him up and he wraps that little arm around my neck, it makes it all worth it. 

I've always been such a loner.  I always loved having alone time.  BUT....now that Stanley is here.... all of that is out the window.  If I ever get up earlier than Stanley, I sometimes just WISH he'd hurry up and wake up....JUST so I can be with him.  I miss him.  Sure - I'm like every other mom, and I need a break for my own sanity sometimes.....but just a short one.  What can I say??  I'm obsessed with the kid!  And...thankfully....he's a little obsessed with his mommy too :)  Unfortunately, I think that goes away as he gets older.  So...I'm just going to enjoy it now. 

Ok....so welcome to the blog!  I promise all the entries won't be about Stanley.  I still have other shit to talk about ;)  LOL  ...sorta!

1 comment:

  1. WOO HOO........ it's like reading a good book, I'm so glad your writing again. I look forward to reading more.♥

    ReplyDelete